Media Focus of the Month: Film
Award-Winning Book of the Month:
by Elie Wiesel Nobel Peace Prize (Author) 1986 Presidential Medal of Freedom (Author) 1992 U.S. Congressional Gold Medal (Author) 1984
Please feel free to read along with us!
March 3rd, 2023
Dear UpGrade Media Arts Community:
For the week of March 3rd, students are working on a creative writing project involving developing a brand-new animal from two different existing animals. In business, students are learning about the foundation of investing and learning about different successful investors. In science, students are learning how the elements in the periodic table make up some of the items we are used to using in the world.
Here are some highlights from this week:
- Academics: Our four-part creative writing continues. Students are creating two distinctly different animals to create a brand-new animal. Each new animal will be featured in students’ original short stories, leading up to an animated film. We hope you are as excited to see their final work as we are!
- Business: This week students created a budget using an excel spreadsheet. They learned how to differentiate between fixed and variable expenses. They input each of the items in the correct column of their budget. Students learned basic excel spreadsheet commands.
- Science: This week students have been practicing identifying the atomic number, mass, electrons, protons, and charges of an element. Students also have been preparing for the state exam!
**Please read the very important reminders below**
- Please call 833-922-2438 and press 1 to contact the main office to report an absence. Leave a message if there is no answer.
- Remember to like UpGrade Media Arts on Facebook and Instagram.
Please enjoy the photos below…
UPGRADE MEDIA ARTS PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Lewis and TrueMan working on WVS.
Caleb and Malachi working on their claims, evidence and reasoning assignment for woman’s history month.
Drew all packed up and ready for dismissal.